Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tuesday

Today is Tuesday, my day is almost over, it's 7:34PM. I had a busy day cleaning bathrooms, and while I was doing them I was thinking Tuesday Toilet Day. It feels good to have all the bathrooms clean though. I feel I accomplished alot today. Three full bathrooms and one downstairs powder room.

Lately I have been visiting nice pretty blogs that show what they are doing in their homes. I want to start doing that and sharing my little projects etc.

Well, this past three day weekend my husband did start a new project. We are going to pain our front door to our home. Painting is new to me, I have always in the past just hired a painter, but we are trying to be frugal these days. My husband and I went to Home Depot and I picked a color from Behr Paints, it's called Boston Brick. When I told my mother she was so excited about a red door, and when I told my son's girlfriend she jumped for joy, saying she has always wanted a red door.

When I went to Home Depot with John, I was not knowing what color I was going to choose, this Boston Brick, just stood out to me. I'm excited, and I thought oh this is going to be easy. I told my friend Teresa at church, and she said oh you must use Benjamin Moore paint for your front door, but we had already purchased our gallon. She then told John and I we must prime it first, before we paint it. So off to Home Depot again.

Since it is dark outside I will take a picture tomorrow on my front door before and then an after. Except my darling husband, already started to sand it down. He worked on it, Sunday and Monday, taking the front door off and putting it on again. Boy that is a challenge the door is so heavy.

Well, I can't wait to share my photos with you tomorrow. Oh look at our Christmas picture it shows my front door, the BEFORE! smile

Love and Bloom for the KING!
QB

2 comments:

GladToBeMimi said...

Can't wait to see it!

Linda said...

My neighbor across the street has had a red door for a few years now. She gets more compliments about that door!

We had our door painted black a few years ago. Love it!

Can't wait to see your "after" pictures!

Blog Archive